A few reasons…
1) I think it is a way for me to get out some of the things that are welling up inside me (perhaps I am a frustrated preacher??? 🙂 ).
2) I think it is a way to let others know what the Lord is speaking to me about.
3) My church. I love my church (ie: the people) and regularly pray that the Lord will build His church, for His will and Kingdom come here at Church 180, and that His glory may shine through His people. I think some from my church may drop in from time to time and the posts may hopefully be useful and helpful for their encouragement.
4) A while back, I joined some of the social networking sites – Facebook, MySpace. I was curious to see what was going on. It was a nice surprise to discover that a lot of people I knew were on there. But, unfortunately, it appeared that the potential of the medium was being underutilised (to put it nicely). I think there is an incredible potential to use social networking for the encouragement and building up of the Lord’s Saints and for the building of His Kingdom. So I am there as well, pointing to Jesus and encouraging.
Who am I…
1) Hmmm, maybe I am some sort of prayer/pastor fellow. Someone in the background that is reliable, dependable and always there. I do not shy away from the prophetic as I believe God uses it to edify His children and also to build His Church.
2) I enjoy being involved with a church Life Group with my wife. I am interested in Men’s Ministry and seeing men reach their full potential in the Lord (comment: Men are not stepping up to their God given roles in the family, church and community. Thus this is a huge problem for our society today – there has been so much deliberate gender confusion that just about anything goes and the church is buying into it). I am also part of the prayer team and enjoy regularly praying with people.
3) Supernaturally speaking I am an encourager and a prayer intercessor. The Apostle Paul says in Romans 12:8 “If the gift is encouraging, let him encourage” so I encourage. I believe in the power of prayer with our Heavenly Father. It has the power to transform lives and communities and nations.
4) I am believing for community transformation and revival in the Great Lakes Region of Central Africa and travelled with a team of like minded people in Rwanda in Feb 2011 and proclaimed ‘the Year of the Lord’s Favour’ over the people and established the ‘Gatimbo Prayer Centre’ in Kigali, Rwanda. I will continue to pray and travel there and proclaim the Lord’s favour (his hope and his freedom) until I see the Lord hand greatly move in that region – there are signs.
I’m trying in get up to speed with some of this internet stuff. It seems the devil has mastered it better than us Christians. I hope to do my part to change that.
Hope that helps!